Brunei Environment Appreciation And Community Action (BEACA)

Done by Asri Hj Mohamad

Monday, October 5, 2009

Jungle Trekking at Lucky Garden, Sungai Tilong

On 4th October 2009(Sunday), Our BEACA’s group were done jungle trekking at Lucky Garden, Sungai Tilong, Brunei Muara district.This week(week 8), I volunteer to be leader/scouts of the group. Our group consists of me(Asri), sweeper (Hj Irwan),our member were Nuh, Ayie and Naz . I really happy all the member were doing their jobs , friendly and team work. Well done my group!!!. Before the actual day we were doing that activity, we need to recce the place. On 2nd October 2009(Friday), Dr Irene, all leaders/scouts and sweepers were going to recce Lucky Garden. What I experience on that day we do our recce were:

  1. Leaders/Scouts or sweeper need to mark and remember pathway.
  2. Make sure, we use right clothes(long sleeve), trousers(long pants) and shoes(with studs at bottom like football shoes)
  3. Don’t put too many mark.
  4. Don’t bring too many things inside our beg.
On last Sunday, our group was the first group that entered the jungle, so my responsibility was need to remember pathway, show them some plants and insects and makesure all my member were safely with the help of my sweeper.(Hj Irwan)


The purpose of this activity were appreciating the beautiful flora and fauna from become extinct. Our highligt from our jungle trekking activity, we must know that Brunei still have many big trees, insects, plants and animals. Lucky garden will also become trek for jogging and relaxtion with family if some sector or agency take action to develop.


Small river inside the jungle

On the way of our jungle trekking I saw some rubbish, so we take action put that rubbish on our plastic bag.This an anxiety exprience for me because why people throw rubbish not on ryte way. Our adventure exprience walk on muddy and slippery. So our physically and mentality need to be ready before we walk to the jungle.One that surpise me, i don't know some of the plants name so in the future i will learn to get know more name and sure with the help of my lecturer and also make research.

Three most important things I learnt from my experince were:-

  1. Leaders/scouts need to build up self confidence and always be professional.
  2. Don't picks plants, take leaves and branches with no permission.
  3. Build up attitude with love our environment and appreciate our forests.

Last but not least, I learnt many new things after I finish jungle trekking at Lucky Garden. We must appreciate our country environment.

KEEP UP YOUR GOOD JOBS BEACA GROUPS, ONE DAY WE WILL BE BETTER AND BETTER


No comments:

Post a Comment