Brunei Environment Appreciation And Community Action (BEACA)

Done by Asri Hj Mohamad

Monday, November 16, 2009

Exciting Trip To Temburong District week 14

On Sunday 15th November 2009, probably our last activity for BEACA our first semester. Our activity for BEACA's group were trip to Temburong District. My position as bin manager and with my partner Hafiz. Our job were bringing plastic bag and makesure along our journey we must keep clean and took rubbish if we saw it. Early in the morning, we were waiting speedboat at Kianggeh jetty. We have problem for waiting about half an hour to depart from jetty. Some problems misunderstanding about our booked speedboat. What I learnt, management must be well organised before our trip. We only use one speedboat from Bandar Seri Begawan to the route Temburong District. From my view, along the way I saw a beautiful scenery environment for example mangrove trees and birds watch.

Our trip to Temburong disrticts were arranged by people from Temburong Disrtrict. I only know one of the guide name was Cecelia binti Yusof. So they all arranged our trip and pick us from Bangar Town to Ulu Temburong and visit to Longhouse at Kampung Sumbiling. First at Bangar Town, I want to share some of my exprienced. Dr Asmah treat us breakfast with 'Roti Kosong' and Tea. Thank you to Doctor Asmah. I learnt how to be patient. I can see that a long may way to restaurant I saw some new infrastructure. I remember maybe I heard from a news about couple of years regarding planning to build bridge to connect to Temburong District. What I think that, we can invest some of our money to built bridge and will collect money by tolls. I know they will took more capital to start. But I think probably we gain some profits. People, relatives and tourism easily can come to Temburong District. This is my great expedition that more memorable.

"Temburong is the eastern-most district in Brunei as it is seperated from the rest of brunei by Malaysia and Brunei Bay. Its main town is Pekan Bangar. It has a population of 9,160 and covers 1,166km sq"

REF: http://www.district-temburong.gov.bn/(Surf on 15/11/2009)

Taken By Hj Irwan BEACA

Trip to Ulu Temburong were using longboat called 'temuai' to go to Canopy Walk. Before that we need to stop at one place where we must sign for insurance and attendance. From there I saw plants were banana trees, yam and 'simpur'. I also saw tourism at that place and souveniors. This will improve our economic growth. Our trip were countinued to canopy walk by longboat.

The challenging part for us is the Canopy Walk. Along the way I saw a clear crystal river water flow and clean area that conserve by Department Of Forestry workers.
I also seen that the park infrastructure still under renovation. So I believe there are improvement on eco tourism for our country. Along the way of the canopy walk, we need to face crossing a muddy and a giddying climb up the stairs with need a lot of efforts. Although I felt fatigue after along walk but my spirit is still strong to reach the top. I know my weakness I afraid of height. I doubt my self that i can't climbed the canopy but under the supervison by Dr Asmah, to challenge my fear and build up my inner strength and so I managed to climb. The view at the canopy was beyond what i have imagine such wonderful and so magnificent. No wonder that Brunei Darussalam is unexpected treasure. After the Canopy Walk, we had a rest and enjoy ourself at the cold and beautiful waterfall. After that, we move to visit to the longhouse at Kg.Sumbling.

At the longhouse, probably all of long house family were welcome us. we explore inside the longhouse and we can see a unique cultural. from my view all the people were friendly and i can sense their hospitality towards us. We can build our interpersonal relationship with people at the Long House. I also play Carrom with the peolple. I know not easy to make relationshiip between people. I also observed that the long house recieved an basics need for example water supply and electricity. They also show us their handicraft skills for example mats and baskets. From my view and evaluate, this can help to increase their extra income and gradually develop our country economic, if this product exposed to the public and tourists. For our extra trip, we enjoy ourself at Bangar market and enjoy eating durians that treat by Doctor Asmah.


The three most important things that I learnt are:-
  1. Love, Know and Learn more our beautiful and unique cultural.
  2. Protect and conserve our environment.
  3. Eco tourism in Brunei Darussalam is one of major tourist attraction that need to develop. Eco system is called the "Heart Of Brunei"

HJ IRWAN, NUH, AZRI, HAFIZ, AZMEY, MALEK, ZIMAN, SYAHIR, HJH KEEM, AYIE, EMELDA, NAZZ, CHIA YIE, MIZAH, DYANA

We enjoy. We gain experience and learnt something new in our life.

I really miss all my beloved friends. We like one family. Your laughss, Your smiles, Your helps, Your humours, Your Team work…All I will remember. This will keep in my heart and I write to my dairy of life history. We capsized from pontoon boat, we lost in the jungle, we fight for our fear, we makes few mistakes, I know we gain experienced that very useful for future bahaviour. Don’t evaluate it just in negative ways but think also in positive ways. My friends, we don’t know what will happen in the future, we probably can’t predict but we can prevent from our environment extinct. Thank You also to Dr Irene and Dr Asmah. You teach me how to be confident, teach me how to fight from my fear and teach me how to fight challenge with positive think in the future. I will show my ability and initiative to help people and appreciate our environment. Doctors, your sincerity, I will remember forever. My big present to you doctors and my friends BEACA, I will pray for your successful for your future.



B - Beaca
E - Enjoy
A - Activity
C - Collabration
A - Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment